10 quotes club: Rumi


1.  “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”


2.
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”



3. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.”



4. “Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.”



5.  “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” 



6. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”



7. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."


8. “Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.”


9. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there."


10. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”


- Rumi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the stoicism of Roman philosophers can help us deal with depression

Brexit will hit Britain's overseas territories hard – why is no one talking about it?

Children and sleep: How much do they really need?